In this instance, a well-known producer of lightweight, flexible, and powerful solar cells and cell manufacturing equipment fall as a victim of the NetWalker ransomware operators.
Founded in 2004, MiaSolé has evolved from a scrappy, Silicon Valley start-up to the world leader in thin-film solar panel efficiency. In their Sunnyvale, CA facility, they have demonstrated 17.5% module efficiency in production and 19.4% cell efficiency in the lab. MiaSolé is a producer of lightweight, flexible, and powerful solar cells and cell manufacturing equipment. Their innovative solar cell is based on the highest efficiency thin-film technology available today, and its flexible cell architecture makes it ideal for a wide variety of solutions ranging from commercial roofing solar panels to flexible mobile energy devices. MiaSolé’s turnkey CIGS equipment lines, CIGS process equipment technology, proprietary CIG target manufacturing, R&D support, and spare parts allow customers to produce their own high-efficiency cells.
Below is the message posted by the NetWalker ransomware operators on their online blog-:
The Cyble Research Team has identified the data leak. Currently, the ransomware operators have leaked a sample of the data leak and It seems that if the organisation does make an agreement with the ransomware operators, then their sensitive data would be leaked online within a couple of days. Below are the snapshots of sample of data leak of MiáSole.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is a US-based cyber threat intelligence company with the express mission to provide organizations with real-time views of their supply chain cyber threats and risks.