According to Black book market research, 96% of IT professionals believe that cybercriminals are outpacing the security capabilities of medical organizations. In today’s world, healthcare data breaches have become a frequent fixture in press headlines around the world. Talking about a data breach, it only takes one weak endpoint to risk an entire network of an entity.
In this instance, the Cyble Research Team identified two threat actors who leaked in total 2,267,453 records of doctors operating in the United States. The leaked records contain the details of doctors specializing in multiple fields such as clinical social worker, dermatology, nurse practitioner, optometry, etc but among these records, more than 11,400 records are of doctors with the primary specialty as Chiropractic.
The threat actors have shared the records for free.
Some of the personal information data fields of the leaked doctors’ records from the lot are mentioned below-:
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Full Name
- Residential Address
- Contact Number
- License Number
- Practice Location Address
Below are the snapshots of leaked doctors’ records-:
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based cyber threat Intelligence solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform give the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.