According to one of the research articles, $29 billion per year is the estimated cost incurred by Australian businesses due to cybercrimes of which 53% refers to the cost being paid as detection and recovery from the data breach. Among all Australian states – Victoria, New South Wales, and Queensland are referred to as the most targeted states for cybercrimes.
Regis Aged Care is one of Australia’s leading private providers of aged care with 65 facilities nationally. With over 9000 employees, the company has been earning annual revenue of around $450 million.
Below is the message posted by the Maze ransomware operators on their online blog-:
After analysing the leaked files, the Cyble Research Team identified-:
- The data leak published by Maze is just over 0.6 GB.
- The data leak contains sensitive and confidential documents of the company which includes customer’s accommodation and direct debit agreements, login credentials of various club services, staff training and attendance record documents, Regis Burnside grand opening RSVP list, and much more.
Cyble has been reporting these types of breaches to aware individuals of the risks associated with using online services.
Tips on how to prevent ransomware attacks –
- Never click on unverified/unidentified links
- Do not open untrusted email attachments
- Only download from sites you trust
- Never use unfamiliar USBs
- Use security software and keep it updated
- Backup your data periodically
- Isolate the infected system from the network
- Use mail server content scanning and filtering
It is recommended to follow above mentioned prevention methods and never pay the ransom.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform gives the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.