Over the past few weeks, we have noticed an increased number of ransomware attacks on the companies based in France. For instance, recently the Cyble Research Team identified and reported the data breaches which targeted well-known engineering and technology companies based in France such as Axens SA, Rabot Dutilleul, Orange S.A..
Today, Cyble Research Team identified another technology company based in France, allegedly targeted by the Maze ransomware group. As part of Cyble continuous darkweb and deepweb monitoring, our threat researchers came across the post of Maze ransomware operators in which they claimed to have breached Lectra, a fast growing technology company based in Paris, France.
Founded in the year 1973, Lectra is operating in 34 countries with 34 subsidiaries and over 1600 employees, earning an annual revenue of around $329 million.
Two days back Maze claimed “Lectra breach”. Today a part of the data was released.
Below is the message posted by the Maze ransomware operators on their online blog-:
After analysing the leaked files, Cyble Research Team identified-:
- The data leak seems to contain multiple screenshots depicting a large number of files and data been stored in systems that seem to be of Lectra. Along with that, it also contains the drive tools details of the systems, which shows around 54.4 TB of the company’s data has been affected.
- The leaked data seems to contain sensitive files and data of the company which includes the company’s oracle invoices, financial documents, client’s details, system details operating in their network, and much more.
Cyble has been reporting these types of breaches to aware individuals of the risks associated with using online services.
Tips on how to prevent ransomware attacks –
- Never click on unverified/unidentified links
- Do not open untrusted email attachments
- Only download from sites you trust
- Never use unfamiliar USBs
- Use security software and keep it updated
- Backup your data periodically
- Isolate the infected system from the network
- Use mail server content scanning and filtering
It is recommended to follow above mentioned prevention methods and never pay the ransom.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform gives the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.