In today’s world, ransomware attacks are tending to become more disruptive which has been the reason for the downfall of many organizations. According to Hartford, 31% of all data breaches are in organizations having fewer than 100 employees, and about 66% of all data breaches investigated were not discovered for months, or sometimes even years.
During the monitoring of deepweb and darkweb leaks, our researchers came across the leak disclosure post in which the Maze ransomware operators claim to have breached Interstate Restoration and claimed to be in possession of the company’s sensitive data.
Established in the year 1998, Interstate Restoration one of the leading full-service emergency response restoration and reconstruction companies based in the United States of America. With over 450 employees the company has been earning annual revenue of around $127 million.
Below is the snapshot of the leak post published by the Maze Ransomware Operators-:
After analysing the company’s leaked data of around 800 MB, our researchers gathered some of critical information as detailed below-:
- Details of Current and former employees which includes employment agreements forms, background checks, healthcare documents, and much more.
- Acquisition documents of InStar Services Group which include bank payoff letter, trademarks agreement, Asset purchase agreements.
- Networking routing diagrams of the company.
- Cost status report and invoices of the company.
- Currently, the ransomware operators claims to have published 5% of company’s total data leak.
Cyble has been reporting these data breaches to aware individuals of the risks associated with using online services.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform gives the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.