In today’s world, with the steadily increasing of ransomware cyberattacks the security of systems has become the main concern for the organizations. The ransomware attacks caused the companies to lose sensitive data, brought organizations’ productivity to a halt, as well as provoking considerable economic losses due to the costs of recovering from these attacks.
During our continuous darkweb and deepweb monitoring, the Cyble Research Team came across the post of Nefilim ransomware operators in which they have claimed to have breached The Dussmann Group and in possession of the company’s sensitive data.
With 64,500 employees in 22 countries, the Dussmann Group carries out services for people, by people and is one of the largest private multi-service providers worldwide. There are five Dussmann group company divisions: Facility Management, Technical Building Equipment and Engineering, Nursing and Care for the Elderly, In-House Corporate Child-Care, Media Retailing.
Below is the message posted by Nefilim ransomware operators-:
After analysing the leaked files, Cyble Research Team identified-:
- Currently, the ransomware operators have published the data leak part 1 of the company of around 15.7 GB.
- The data leak seems to consist of corporate operational documents which include the company’s claim settlement documents, compulsory security mortgages documents, legal contracts, Cooperation and Project agreements, and much more.
- In total 16,805 company’s data files seem to have been leaked by the ransomware operators.
Cyble has been reporting these types of breaches to aware individuals of the risks associated with using online services.
Tips on how to prevent ransomware attacks –
- Never click on unverified/unidentified links
- Do not open untrusted email attachments
- Only download from sites you trust
- Never use unfamiliar USBs
- Use security software and keep it updated
- Backup your data periodically
- Isolate the infected system from the network
- Use mail server content scanning and filtering
It is recommended to follow above mentioned prevention methods and never pay the ransom.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform gives the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.