3.2 Billion Credentials Leaked in the Darkweb
Darkweb is quite dynamic, and no two days are the same! In this instance, a known threat actor has leaked a database with over 3 Billion credentials were leaked in one of the Russian-speaking marketplaces.
The post was originally made on Feb 3, 2021.
Per the threat actor, this includes the previously leaked breach complication database, along with new leaks.
Cyble researchers have confirmed that they are compiled from previous breaches, most of them are years old. Leaks like these often are used by cybercriminals credential stuffing attacks and others.
Cyble has indexed the leaked information on amibreached.com.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email, or SMSes.
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication wherever possible.
- Regularly monitor your financial transactions, and if you notice any suspicious activity, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn on the automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile, and other connected devices wherever possible and pragmatic.
- Use a reputed anti-virus and Internet security software package on your connected devices, including PC, laptop, and mobile.
- People who are concerned about their exposure in the Darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
- Refrain from opening untrusted links and email attachments without verifying their authenticity.
Cyble is a global threat intelligence SaaS provider that helps enterprises protect themselves from cybercrimes and exposure in the darkweb. Cyble’s prime focus is to provide organizations with real-time visibility into their digital risk footprint. Backed by Y Combinator as part of the 2021 winter cohort, Cyble has also been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 20 Best Cybersecurity Startups To Watch In 2020. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, and with offices in Australia, Singapore, and India, Cyble has a global presence. To learn more about Cyble, visit www.cyble.com.